Sandy formed Pinetum Partners LLC in 2004 as a retained executive coaching and executive search firm specializing in the financial services sector. Prior to establishing Pinetum Partners, Sandy led Human Resources and Recruiting at Amaranth Group – a multi-billion dollar, multi-strategy hedge fund, based in Greenwich, Conn., with offices in London and Singapore. Sandy has provided executive coaching since 1997 which she formalized after graduating from Columbia University’s Business School’s Advanced Coaching Certification Program.
CAREER AND PERSONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- 30+ year career in financial services, including 20 years in executive search, recruiting and coaching
- Pinetum Partners ranked as one the 50 Leading Executive Search Firms in the U.S. for Financial Services by Hunt Scanlon, the nation’s #1 media publisher in executive search
- Founding Co-Chair of the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Human Capital Peer Advisory Group and member of the Education Committee
- Sandy is recent past recipient of the “Woman of the Year” award in executive search and recruiting by the National Association of Professional and Executive Women
- Sandy has made guest interview appearances on national broadcast media including: CNBC Power Lunch, Bloomberg TV, NPR, CBS News Radio, PBS and Fox Business News. She is frequently quoted source in the WSJ, New York Times, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg and efinancialcareers.com
Sandy began her recruiting career in 1997 with Spencer Stuart, a leading global executive search firm. As a Director in their Global Financial Services Practice, she focused on asset management, banking and e-finance. Additionally, she specialized in senior level search assignments for financial, business development and corporate development positions across other industries.
Following Spencer Stuart, she joined Amaranth, a multi-billion, multi-strategy hedge fund as its first executive recruiter where she also became the Head of Human Resources. While developing her internal team there, Sandy recruited over 100 people to Amaranth in less than a year – increasing total staff to 260. She recruited for all senior posts, including highly sensitive hiring efforts for team lift-outs, technology, operations, and college recruiting. She continued to serve Amaranth as a client after founding Pinetum.
Prior to search, Sandy was a Senior Client Manager at Bankers Trust for their mutual fund clients and the Director of Sales for a consulting firm that was acquired by IBM. She began her career at Manufacturers Hanover, in New York and Los Angeles holding various management positions.
- Columbia University Coaching Certification Program
- International Coaching Federation Certification (candidate Fall 2019)
- MBA, Pepperdine University
- BA, William Smith College, Psychology and Religious Studies
- Neethling Brain Instrument (NBI), a neuroscience and psychology based assessment
- EQi 2.0 and EQ 360 assessments
- Speaker and Mentor at Year Up since 2016
- Founding Co-Chair of the 100 Women in Hedge Funds Human Capital Peer Advisory Group
- Member of the Education Committee for 100 Women in Finance
- Beyond the Hedge: Coaching to Support Hedge Funds Create Value and Legacies Over Time. Columbia University (2018).
- Getting Hired By A Hedge Fund. Forbes.com (July 27, 2009), Careers in Finance
Contact Sandy Gross: